The WatchGuard M4600 provides large organisations with a new option for gateway security that includes flexible interface modules and high throughput..
With firewall throughput of up to 60 Gbps and UTM throughput up to 11 Gbps, the WatchGuard M4600 is one of WatchGuards fastest Firebox appliances ever. This level of performance, paired with powerful security, flexible high port density, and affordability makes these the ideal solutions for distributed, hub-and-spoke type deployment scenarios.
Typically deployed at the corporate headquarters, these appliances serve as the “hub” appliance, responsible for managing and securing all communications between the head office and all remote employee and small business sites. WatchGuard Dimension, which is included at no additional cost, provides a suite of big data visibility and reporting tools that instantly identify and distill key network security threats, issues and trends, accelerating the ability to set meaningful security policies across the entire network.
Highest UTM performance
- Application-layer content inspection recognizes and blocks threats that stateful packet firewalls cannot detect.
- Powerful subscription-based security services boost protection in critical attack areas for multiple layers of defense. By partnering with leading technology providers, WatchGuard is able to integrate best-in-class security components into one platform for stronger security at big cost savings.
- Advanced networking features, such as dynamic routing and link aggregation, allow you to add security without needing to change existing network infrastructure.
- Multiple VPN choices (IPSec, SSL, L2TP) for secure remote access include support for Android and Apple iOS devices.
- RapidDeploy ensures that your focus is on cost effective and consistent deployment of a good security policy rather than the chaos of visiting each of your sites to power and setup the local device
- WatchGuard Dimensions , a public and private cloud-ready visibility solution, instantly turns raw data into security intelligence.
- Interactive, real-time monitoring and reporting – at no additional charge – give an unprecedented view into network security activity so you can take immediate preventive or corrective actions.
- Intuitive management console centrally manages all security functions.
- WAN and VPN failover provide redundancy for increased reliability.
- Extend best-in-class UTM (Unifed Threat Management) security to the WLAN by adding WatchGuard’s Wireless Access Points.
- Drag-and-drop Branch Office VPN setup – three clicks and your remote office is connected.
- Redundant hot-swappable power supply is included to help ensure maximum uptime.
Best of Breed Security
- Security Modules can be applied to your WatchGuard M440 appliance on a need basis. With growing risks to data, reputation and intellectual property the need has never been greater. You can secure your organisation further with:
Security where you need it
Usage of the internet of things has caused network traffic to soar to unprecedented levels. Users browsing rich internet feeds, mobility and social networking sites are now doing so with legitimate business interests…how many of us can cut off LinkedIn for example?
Problems will arise and its down to that which you can’t see…encrypted traffic. Industry expectations see connection speeds climbing at over 42% per year and that within that the proportion of bandwidth hungry encrypted traffic is expected to increase too. Nation States, hackers and the Snowden revelations have the world running to encryption for a vastly more secure way of sharing our most prized assets.
Why is it a problem? Encrypted traffic is rarely scanned for viruses, malware, even for the unauthorised transmission of sensitive information. Encrypted traffic clogs up firewalls and bandwidth too so commonly the only solutions are to either block sites (and have users up in arms) or allow it through knowing that you can’t scan it because your firewall will begin smoking…until now.
The WatchGuard M440 appliance shows speeds of 61% faster than other similarly priced and specification competing technologies…WITH all the security modules switched on.
Why is the WatchGuard M4600 different?
The WatchGuard M4600 appliance provides two empty bays that can be used to add network modules to define a configuration that meet the needs of almost any network configuration. There are three modular interface types to choose from, and they can be used in any combination.
- 4 x 10 Gb Fiber
- 8 x 1 Gb Copper
- 8 x 1 Gb Fiber
Expandable network modules offer room to grow for the future. If the need for more network ports into the firewall grows, the business doesn’t have to do a costly rip-and-replace. The network admin can simply add a new module to the existing appliance to increase port density.
Note that the base configuration for a WatchGuard M4600 includes 8 x 1 G Ethernet ports. The maximum throughput for that appliance is limited by the line speed of the network ports to a total of 8 Gbps. Adding more ports with network modules unlocks the performance capacity of the appliance, allowing it to achieve its maximum potential firewall throughput of 40 Gbps. Firewall throughput is measured using 1518 byte UDP packets through multiple port pairs.
WatchGuard M440 firewalls are easy to manage once they are in place however for that peace of mind that you are as secure as possible from the start you should consider a professional installation. Our engineers are available to fulfil this for you. For more information see the Installation and Configuration services we provide.
Support & Training
Sec-1 Ltd provide a variety of aftersales support options including Assisted Support, Managed Services, hardware replacement warranty and accredited WatchGuard Training courses. For further information see the following pages:
WatchGuard LiveSecurity Subscription and add-on security subscriptions combine to maintain the effectiveness of your firewall, keep security updates available, and validate the warranty of your WatchGuard M4600. If you need advice and/or pricing on your renewals and subscriptions contact us now.