Unsolicited spam is annoying and potentially a high risk issue for all organisations. Modern spam is host to bogus claims and sometime malware, either way the intent is to extract information from the victim that would otherwise be confidential.
Many recent attacks reference malware in email or malicious links host on websites linked to the spam as one of the causes of major breaches, you will recognise some of the follow examples:
- July 08, 2014 Apple Store – Your account has been disabled!
- June 16, 2014 HM Revenue and Customs – Automated Tax Refund Notification
- January 16, 2014Apple Store – Confirm Your Apple ID Account Information
Each of these untargeted attacks is preventable with WatchGuard spamBlocker.
spamBlocker provides real-time detection and instant protection from these types of email. spamBlocker comprehensively distinguishes legitimate communication from spam, blocking nearly 100% of unwanted emails.
- Recurrent Pattern Detection (RPD™) technology to detect spam outbreaks as they emerge
- Block spam regardless of the language, format, or content of the message
- Gain an additional layer of real-time anti-virus protection
- Near zero false positives – Stop false positives and get important, legitimate emails
- Works on both SMTP and POP3
- Single device for managing all of your gateway security
- Licenced per box rather than per user reduces cost in almost every case